Sunday 11 August 2013

My Drugstore Make Up Routine

Rimmel-Wake Me Up Foundation
Collection 2000-Lasting perfection Concealer
Maybelline-Fit Me! Pressed Powder
Rimmel-Stay Matte Pressed Powder
I love The 'Wake me up' foundation is one of the best I've used. It has an anti- fatigue effect which means it has more shimmer and glow in it. This helps brighten up dull skin. It's brilliant for covering dark under-eye circles and really wakes up tired looking skin. It makes skin more radiant and illuminates it. I use this in the shade 103-True Ivory and apply this with the Real Techniques 'Expert Face' brush. This brush gives my face such a flawless finish and blends in the foundation so well.
Next I conceal any blemishes, spots and dark under-eye circles. This product has been raved about so much and I can see why. It's my all time favourite concealer as it gives a lot of coverage and blends in so well. It also lasts all day. I have repurchased this many times. I use the light shade(all the writing has now rubbed off) and apply the concealer with a small, foundation brush.
I like to set my foundation and concealer with a powder. I prefer pressed powder as it's not too heavy and cacky and just tones down oily skin slightly. My favourite two at the moment are the 'Maybelline Fit Me!' and the 'Rimmel Stay Matte' pressed powders. They give a lot of coverage but feel very light on the face. I apply these with either a powder brush or a kabuki brush.
Bourjois- Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder
Ferne- Eye Shimmer
I've really started to love bronzer lately. My favourite one is the 'Bourjois Delice de Poudre' bronzing powder. It's so good for applying all of the face and even better for contouring. It adds a lot of depth to the face and really makes the cheek bones pop! It gives a really radiant, healthy glow and gives a very natural sun-kissed look. I like how you can either add this very lightly to the cheeks or build it up to give a darker glow. I apply this with the Real Techniques 'Stippling' brush to contour or a kabuki brush for an all over bronzed look. It also smells of chocolate, which is a massive bonus!
I then highlight above my cheek bones, under my brow bone and the cupids bow with the Ferne Cotton 'Eye Shimmer'. This product is actually an eye shadow but I think it makes such a nice highlight. It's very shimmery but I only apply a little bit. I apply it with a small, stippling brush and then blend my whole face with a kabuki brush.
Rimmel- Colour Rush Quad Eye Shadow-007 Café Latte
I use the dark shade to fill in my eyebrows. It is such a good match and I love how accurate I can apply it with a angled eye shadow brush. As you can see I've hit pan on this shade. I love how pigmented it is and also how consistent it is. The pigment lasts all day as well. I love this quad palette to do a smokey eye too. It has the crease colour and also a really nice highlight. It gives a very natural look. 

Rimmel-Glam Eyes Quad Eye Shadow-019 Sun Safari
I love this small palette for a daytime look. From this I can get such a natural smokey eye. I love it for the daytime as well! This is my 'go to' palette. I always go back to this. It's really good for travelling as well as it's so small and compact. This eye shadows have a lot of pigment and are slightly shimmery. It makes blue eyes stand out a lot.
Collection 2000- Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner
Honestly this is one of the best eyeliners that I have used. It was raved about so much so I thought I'd give it a try. After purchasing this I haven't used another eyeliner since. The main thing I like about this is how long it lasts. It lasts all day! It's also very easy to wipe off using make up wipes though (I hate make up that's hard to get off!). It's very easy and simple to apply and you can make the line as thick or as thin as you like. 
Maybelline- The falsies
Rimmel-Lash Accelerator Endless

I love these mascaras. They add a lot of length and volume to my lashes. I like to apply both of these mascaras together as the 'Rimmel mascara' adds length and separates the lashes and the 'Maybelline Mascara' is good for volume. The 'Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless' Mascara says that it has fibres that help grow your eyelashes. I haven't yet seen any results but I love this mascara regardless.
Rimmel-Apocalips-301 Galaxy


I love the Rimmel Apocalips lip gloss. It's really moisturising and blends well on lips. It has a good coverage and 'a little goes a long way'. The colours in this collection are very pigmented. It lasts most of the day as well! It's just very simple for everyday use.

Thank you for reading




No comments:

Post a Comment